The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood warning for Phelps County through 10:30 p.m. tonight. Please take the following precautions:
- Do not walk, swim, or drive through flood waters. Turn around. Don’t drown!
- Just six inches of moving water can knock you down, and one foot of moving water can sweep your vehicle away.
- If your vehicle becomes surrounded by rising water, get out quickly and move to higher ground.
- Stay off of bridges over fast-moving water.
- Determine how best to protect yourself based on the type of flooding.
- Evacuate if told to do so.
- Move to higher ground or a higher floor.
- Stay where you are.
Learn more with the National Weather Service’s flood safety tips and resources: www.weather.gov/safety/flood.