The Missouri S&T campus will be closed Monday, Feb. 15, for all but essential operations due to dangerously cold temperatures and wind chills, the potential for significant snowfall, and potentially hazardous travel conditions. All other operations will transition to remote and telework for the safety of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. Instructors who normally hold classes on campus should either move to remote instruction or cancel their classes. Campus laboratories also will be closed to all but essential operations.
- Dining services will remain open with reduced (weekend) hours and operations at the Havener Center and Thomas Jefferson Hall. The TJ Hall dining room will be open continuously from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday. In the Havener Center, Einstein’s will be open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., and Chick-fil-A and Mondos will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Au Bon Pain will be closed. CStores will be open and restocked as conditions allow.
- Student Health Services will also be closed. Students in need of immediate medical attention should contact Phelps Health at 573-458-8899.
- Curtis Laws Wilson Library, the Student Recreation Center and the Fitness Center will be closed.
- S&T’s Virtual Career Fair, scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 16, will proceed as planned.
Faculty and staff are reminded to check the updated emergency closure policy to determine whether they should report to work on site or telework.
- Employees who aren’t required to work on-site and will telework from home or another location.
- Those who cannot carry out their duties through telework and who are instructed that they are not required on-site to work will be compensated.
- Those who are required to telework and choose not to must take paid time off — either personal or vacation days.
- Those who are non-exempt (hourly) and are required to work on-site may be eligible to receive premium pay; those who are required to work on-site and choose not to will need to take paid time off — either personal or vacation days.
Due to severe wind chills, all students, faculty and staff are advised to take remain indoors Monday. See more winter weather safety tips.